I finished this jacket sometime last week, but lousy weather & recalcitrant model have meant no pictures until now. (Even after I sweet-talked her into the jacket -- which she has, by the way, been wearing basically non-stop since I finished it despite the small run-in we had over the pink pattern illo -- she gave me very strict instructions of NOT HER HEAD in the pictures.)
First of all, I would like to point out that it zips shut.
And then zips back open again. (No, seriously, I got her zipped into it & then held my breath until she was able to get back out. If anyone would be capable of accidentally reversing zipper polarity & turning it into a one-way deathtrap, I'm pretty sure it would be me.)
It has a cute lined hood with a ridiculously long point.
And cute little pockets with bias trim.
I am, overall, very happy with it, except for my failure to psychically predict that she would have a growth spurt while I was making it, which means that instead of being all-through-fall oversized, it's already-growing-out-of-it just right (& I wish that I could have found a darker pink zipper). I was pleased with how straightforwardly the pattern went together (Burda 9676, which definitely redeemed the facing weirdness of the last Burda pattern I made -- I think the longer, patchwork version is also very cute), & for me the big learning experience here was realizing that transferring all of the pattern markings onto your fabric is, yes, useful, just like they say it is, & also, basting fussy & important seams -- again, like they say -- is worth the extra time it takes. As if those pattern people know what they're talking about, or something.